Choctaw Amateur Radio Club (CARC) Regular Monthly Meeting was held on February 18, 2002. At the Eastern Oklahoma County Vo-Tech. A quorum was met and business conducted as follows.
The Choctaw Amateur Radio Club meeting was called to order by the Vice President Bill Tarkington KC5ICR, at 7:00 PM. Followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. The secretary recorded members as they arrived, so no roll call was taken. There were 14 members present with 4 Net checkins. Net control for the meeting was Bill N9SQV.
- Secretary's Report - The minutes for the January meeting were approved as written.
- Treasurer's Report was given and accepted
- Web Site - The web site is up and running.
- CORA - The report on CORA was given by Bill KC5ICR and Larry, K5VVD. The Web site for CORA is http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/7332/
- Tower- No change.
- VE Testing - Bill N9SQV reported one person tested for general and passed.
- Fox Hunt - on hold till spring
- OKC Marathon needs APRS operators to help in April. Email Chuck KC5EZS if you want an application. - Closed
- Swap Meet - Feb 23rd
- at least eight members said they would be there to help
- 3E's HCE group will have a bake sale
- Autopatch - A motion was made to rescind the previous action about the phone patch. Seconded and passed. This action was taken due to the anticipated low or no cost to club for future web based C & E thereby making its continuation affordable - Closed
- Unpaid members - Mail out put on hold. - Closed
- February Coffee - There were 13 in attendance. - Closed
- Club Web site - Please go visit. www.K5CAR.ORG This is the club domain name. - Closed
- Club Historian - Need someone to volunteer to take over this job
- The March coffee will be at Roosters on March 2nd, arrive between 9:00 AM and 9:15 AM
- The Technical meeting will be March 7th at the Vo-Tech in Choctaw in the Oak Room at 7:00 PM. Ken, K5DNL will head the program on a Yagi antenna program and possibly a logging program.
- CORA Meeting- Chuck, KC5EZS, Bill KC5ICR and Larry K5VVD will go to the next meeting.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:20 PM
Kay Holzman KB5VJR