Choctaw Amateur Radio Club (CARC) Regular Monthly Meeting was held on June 16, 2003. At the Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center. A quorum was met and business conducted as follows.
The Choctaw Amateur Radio Club meeting was called to order by President Don McDown N5ENQ, at 7:03 PM. Followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. The secretary recorded 18 members and 1 guest as they arrived. Richard Edwards, KA5ALO was welcomed.
- Net control for the meeting was Norm W5FLO. There were no check ins on the net.
- Sick Report- Bill-K3YC still needs to be in your prayers, as well as Marilyn, OJs WB5SRX wife, and Al WB5OHK said his wife Ophelia was in a nursing home.
- Secretary's Report- The minutes for the May meeting was approved as written.
- Treasurer's Report was given and accepted
- CORA- Plans for Ham Holiday are going well. Tickets will be sold at individual clubs besides at the door. The drawing will be at 2pm Saturday. Ticket has to be signed if you wont be there for the drawing.
- Technical Report- The tone 141.3 is for encode and decode. Right now the radio can be used without a tone. Tower-Kevin is waiting for a letter.
- Storm Cellar Project- Tuesday at 4pm, picture taking for the Oklahoman newspaper, at Chucks KC5EZS house. Be there if you can.
- Technical Meeting on July 3rd is cancelled, because of being so close to the holiday
- HF/2m Dave WD5G thought about using a cross band repeater radio because of the problems during the tornado disaster. It would cover holes in the repeater area. Motion was made and seconded for Dave to look and buy a cross band repeater radio for $300 or less. Passed.
- Club Table at Ham Holiday- All proceeds will go to the club. Make sure anything you donate to the club to be sold is good and not junk. If it didnt sell and you want it back, you must pick it up at the end of Ham Holiday. QRZ disks- will be sold on the club table. CORA will buy some of them for prizes. Tower sections- 4 sections left
- Field Day Plans- C W6NNH has volunteered to be the chairperson. It was discussed to either have a Saturday only or go Saturday and Sunday. The club members voted to have it both days. Someone will have to be there at night to watch over the equipment. Some members volunteered to do that. Picnic will be Saturday evening, with the club buying Chickens from Sams and soft drinks.
- Library books- The Choctaw Library will have its grand opening in November. If the Library Fund isnt enough, it was suggested to take the money from the treasury, so that the books would be there for the grand opening.
- Pictures on the Web. Send Chuck KC5EZS a picture if you dont like the one he has, it should be 150X150.
- Application for DPS- C W6NNH will take the application in all together if you get them filled out and into his hands. Dont forget a copy of your license.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15 pm
Kay Holzman KB5VJR CARC Secretary