Choctaw Amateur Radio Club (CARC) Regular Monthly Meeting was held on June 17, 2002. At the Eastern Oklahoma County Vo-Tech, in Seminar Room DE. A quorum was met and business conducted as follows.
The Choctaw Amateur Radio Club meeting was called to order by President Chuck Kanach KC5EZS , at 7:00 PM. Followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. The secretary recorded 15 members present. Since we did not have access to our external antenna, there wasn't a net.
Secretary's Report - Minutes were accepted as published on the web site.
Treasurer's Report - was given and accepted. Discussion followed, as some were under the impression that ARRL refunded some of their dues to the clubs, if the dues were paid from the club. They do not!
Sick Report - Les, KB5RV is awake and talked to Larry, K5VVD. Les wanted to thank everyone for all their prayers and support. Toby, KC5DZJ was having some problems and we all hope he is doing better now.
CORA - The meeting included the final preparations for Ham Holiday
VE Testing - Bill, N9SQV passed out a list of testing sites and their dates.
- President Chuck, KC5EZS announced that one of our members Ken K5DNL had upgraded to Extra class this month. Everyone applauded.
- Chuck KC5EZS has returned relaxed and refreshed from his vacation.
- He brought up the subject of friendliness on the repeater. That we should all keep that in mind.
- Field Day - Many members will be out of town so it was suggested if anyone wanted to, they could go visit other clubs.
- Rt. 66 - no updates.
- Providing assistance to the Choctaw Emergency Manager - tabled until July meeting
- CARC Club luncheon will be held at the Interurban on Douglas on July 27th at 12 noon.
- The Tech meeting for July is canceled. It is a Holiday.
The following members are responsible for the tech discussion group.
Aug 1. Ron W5RGT-Lightning Protection
Sept 5 - Chuck KC5EZS
Oct 3 - O.J. WB5SRX and Don N5ENQ -J Pole
Nov 7 - Ron W5RGT - Oscilloscope
- Club Insurance - tabled until next month.
- Donation of books to the Library - will vote next month.
- Radio Club in schools - tabled until next month.
- Swap Meet - September 14th 8:15 AM to 11:00 AM.
Creating a fliers was discussed and Bill, N9SQV and Chuck, KC5EZS will work on them. It was suggested that we invite Radio shack and local computer shop. We need to check with OKDXA to see if they want to conduct their meeting at our swap meeting.
- Motion made and seconded that the club would pay for the fliers.
- The door on the repeater site is falling apart. Committee was formed, with Larry K5VVD, Ron W5RGT, Chuck KC5EZS, and Bill N9SQV, to research the door. Motion was made and passed for them to be able to get the door.
- Dave, WD5G will look into a Repeater Networking System called WIRES.
Meeting adjourned at 8:21pm
Kay Holzman, KB5VJR