MINUTES JULY 18, 2005--CARC
OPENED WITH THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE AT 7:01PM
PRESIDENTS COMMENTS: President C. W6NNH made some general comments on the progression of Field Day.
ROLL CALL: Made roll call by name and call sign.
SICK REPORT: Chet W5GDL and his wife have both been sick.
- Secretary report was read by Richard KA5ALO with motion to pass by Bill N9SQV and 2nd by Randy KG5RSG. Passed.
- Treasurers report read by Bill N9SQV
- CORA Report by Bill N9SQV and Richard KA5ALO
- Technical Report: Including 70cm repeater. We need a plat drawing on the tower site.
- Tech meeting scheduled for Aug 4, 2005 and Richard KA5ALO will be doing a presentation on building and using a home made Mini Quad antenna. We still need subject and presenter for Sept, Oct and Nov Tech meeting.
- We are still trying to inventory all club equipment.
- The Sat morning net is still going. Income from Ham Holiday this year was good. Details are available from club reports or word of mouth. We do not print dollar amounts here.
- Saturday QRP get together. If I have the info correct it is at NW 36th and YOUNGS at 8:00AM. C. will probably detail more info at the club meetings.
- CLUB DEMOGRAPHICS. The idea of changing the name of the Choctaw ARC to the Eastern Oklahoma County ARC was thoroughly discussed and a motion was made by Jerry KD5ZUG with 2nd by C. W6NNH to submit to a vote of the club members to accept or reject this proposed name change. Motion to submit was passed by club members present. Ballots to be mailed to all club members.
- END OF SUMMER PICNIC: Motion made by Bill N9SQV to have and end of summer picnic. Date is to be 17 Sept. 2005. More details forthcoming.
MOTION TO ADJOURN: Made by Richard KA5ALO and 2nd by Randy KG5RSG. Passed.