Choctaw Amateur Radio Club (CARC) Regular Monthly Meeting was held on August 18, 2003. At the Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center. A quorum was met and business conducted as follows.
The Choctaw Amateur Radio Club meeting was called to order by President Don McDown N5ENQ, at 7PM, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. The secretary recorded 18 members and 1 guest. New member, David Huntz NH6SM joined at the last tech meeting. Jerry Taylor KC5MWZ was a guest of Bill N9SQV.
Presidents opening comments: President Don N5ENQ asked for sick reports. BilL K5URM'S wife, Peggy is still taking chemo but the tumors seem to be shrinking. Al, WB5OHK reported that his wife Ophelia was about the same. OJ WB5SRX's wife Marilyn is doing much better and seems to be clear of the infection. Some remarked how good it was to hear Bill K3YC back on the radio. Keep them all in your prayers.
- Secretary's Report- The minutes for the July meeting were accepted as published.
- Treasurer's Report was given and accepted.
CORA-Norm W5FLO reported that the President of CORA Chuck, KC5EZS was very satisfied with Ham Holiday. Next meeting will be held at the Salvation Army Headquarters on September 6th.
- Technical Report- Repeater seemed to be doing ok, but some were having trouble with the autopatch.
- Choctaw Emergency Management- Choctaw is almost done, most has been already turned into the Fire Department. Nicoma Park is ready to be started.
- Technical Meeting will be on September 4th at the EOCTC. Ron W5RGT will give a program on how to read schematics. Suggestions were taken for other meetings. Fox hunt was one, and Jerry KC5MWZ said that MORI was having one Saturday.
- Monthly Coffee will be at Roosters September 6th at 9:15am in Jones.
OLD BUSINESS: Swap Meet- Still trying to find a place to have a swap meet. Some places mentioned need to be checked out first. Hoping that we could have one in early October.
license, C W6NNH will drop it by for you.
- HF and 2 M radios- HF is on hold until the crossband radio is bought. It was voted that Dave WD5G could spend up to $350. but he said that they cost more. Motion was made and seconded to let him spend up to 20% more to get a good one. Passed.
- Old Tower- Still 4 sections left.
- DPS ID cards status- You can download the form from our web page, if you fill it out and bring it to the next club meeting with a copy of your
- Our ARRL membership is getting very low, need to have members join to keep our ARRL affiliation.
- Ham Holiday- CARC members should be thinking about helping with the cleanup
- Nominating Committee- Norm W5FLO, Bill KC5URM, and Bill N9SQV will be the nominating committee. President, Vice President and Secretary will be needed. If you want to volunteer for one of these positions, please contact one of the committee members. They would be very appreciative.
President Don N5ENQ announced that CARC had received an ARRL Emergency
Commendation for Field Day. He showed it to everyone, and gave it to Bill K5JVD for the history book.
- Don also gave our Field Day results. They were: 118 CW QSO's 79 Phone QSO's 1575 Contact Points 800 bonus points For a total of 2375 points
- Also mentioned was the Broadband over the power line and how it will affect Amateur Radio. Links are on the web site with places to make your comments.
- The container for the money to buy the Ham Radio books for the Choctaw Library was passed around. Money was counted and right now there is $135.50 towards the books.
- Bill N9SQV spoke about the training he was taking. He will be giving the club instructions when he gets through with his class.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:29 PM
Kay Holzman KB5VJR