Choctaw Amateur Radio Club (CARC) Regular Monthly Meeting was held September 15, 2003. At the Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center. A quorum was met and business conducted as follows. The Choctaw Amateur Radio Club meeting was called to order by President Don McDown N5ENQ, at 7pm, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. The secretary recorded 13 members present.
- Presidents Opening Comments- Pres. Don N5ENQ spoke about working all 14 stations during the Rt. 66 special events, and 3 mobiles. C. W6NNH got some contacts and so did Bill K5JVD.
- Sick Report- Al- not feeling too chipper, Bill K3YC is doing better, Bill K5JVD said his wife was doing better with her eyes; Bill K5URMs wife is doing ok. Richard KA5ALO lost his dad in August.
- Secretarys report-The minutes for the August meeting were accepted as published.
- Treasurers report- No report.
- CORA- Bill N9SQV said there wasnt much activity just yet, but they will still continue to have the lunch meetings. The next meeting will be October 4, at 12:30 at Spencers on NE 23rd St. They will try to have the meetings so that they can visit other CORA club areas.
- Tech report- Repeater is doing ok.
- Storm Shelter projects- Choctaw is complete. Don N5ENQ needs to put together a list for Nicoma Park. Please contact him if you would like to help with this project.
- Tech Meeting- C. W6NNH will put on a program of Fox Hunting. October 2nd in the Oak Room at the EOC Vo-Tech. Novembers meeting will be by Ron W5RGT on Lightning.
- Coffee-The monthly CARC coffee will be at the truck stop on I 40 and Choctaw Road. 9:15am Saturday October 4th.
- Buy radios for club- On hold
- Old Tower- There are still 4 sections left. $40. each
- ARRL affiliation- Don N5ENQ encouraged everyone to join ARRL.
- ORSI-The ORSI meeting will be October 27th at Sirloin Stockade in Stillwater at noon.
- Nominating Committee- They are working on them.
- CORA Tower Insurance- It runs $160. a year per club, could be less if more clubs join. Bill N9SQV moved that the club purchase the insurance. It was seconded. There was discussion, the motion passed.
- Discussion followed on GPS receivers and on the MARS program.
Meeting adjourned at 8:12 pm.
Kay Holzman, KB5VJR