Choctaw Amateur Radio Club (CARC) Regular Monthly Meeting was held on October 21,2002. At the Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center.. A quorum was met and business conducted as follows.
The Choctaw Amateur Radio Club meeting was called to order by President Chuck Kanach KC5EZS , at 7:00 PM. Followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. The secretary recorded 11 members present and 1 guest, Jim Hall, AA8Y from Bozeman, Montana.
Net control for the meeting was Bill Tarkington K3YC. There were 5 checkins, 4 of them members.
Secretary's Report- The September minutes were approved as published on the web site.
Treasurer's Report was given and accepted.
CORA- A report was given on the CORA meeting
Tower- Left open.
Choctaw Emergency Management- Members are waiting for the go ahead.
Presidents Comments - President Chuck KC5EZS suggested doing some GeoCaching to help get the members more familiar with their GPS. He has a link on the web site for information. And he told that there were quite a few places in the area, and around Oklahoma City. He gave a reminder for the Texoma. Hamfest, and also the Enid Hamfest. Flyers from the Lebanon, Mo. Hamfest arrived. Their Hamfest is May 2 and 3, 2003.
- Rt. 66- A final report was given by Bill Crossland N9SQV. The club received a Certificate of Appreciation from the sponsoring station. Which was given to the Historian, Bill William K5JVD.
- Club Insurance- tabled until next month.
- 1000 Watt Amplifier- A motion was made and seconded to put it on the OK traders net and see what happens. Chuck KC5EZS will put it on for $300.
- November meetings will be held in the classroom across from the main desk. It is the learning lab.
- Echo link- tabled until Dave WD5G gets back.
- PL Tone for the Repeater- A motion was made and seconded to put a PL tone on the repeater. Discussion followed. Vote was taken, it was unanimous to put a PL tone on the repeater.
- Nominating Committee- A nominating committee was selected, they are Jay Ingram W5QVS, Bill Williams K5JVD, and Bill Tarkington K3YC. The Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer agreed to serve another year.
- January, February, and March business meetings. The school is closed for those regular meeting days for the club. Bill Crossland is checking to see if the Community Center will be able to be used.
- The Tech meetings will still be meeting at the School.
- Technical Meeting for November 7th will be on Oscilliscopes. Don't forget it is to be held in the learning center across from the main desk.
- Swap Meet- Members agreed to have 2 swap meetings next year. One in February and the other in September, if the building is available. Dates will be posted on the web site and in the minutes when the dates are firm.
- Coffee for November 9th at 9:15 will be held at Roosters in Jones. Angels was thought of first as someplace different, but it doesn't open until 10am, and has only soup and sandwiches type meals.
- HF and 2 meter as Club property. Chuck KC5EZS suggested that it might be a good idea to have the club buy a 2 meter radio and an HF . With operating in different situations, such as Rt. 66, Field Day, etc. It would save a club members from having to leave their personal radio there. Bill K3YC is thinking about donating one, if the club would pay for the repairs on it. Should cost about $50 or $60.
- Christmas Lunch- The Christmas Lunch will be held at Golden Corral on December 7th at 12 noon. Please mark your calendars for this date.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:20pm
Kay Holzman KB5VJR